Originally Compiled by Geoff Hennig to promote flying fun in South Australia. Now Updated and Maintained by the Sport Aircraft Club of South Australia
Please send any updates, errors or new submission to The Editor
Coming Activities and Events
Please check details for any event listed below.
Please check with the event organisers due to ongoing restrictions.
9 January – Terry Wilson FlyIn and BBQ.
31 January – Ian Pearce’s RV14 project hangar visit.
20 February – Nick Mebberson – Radial engine factory workshop visit. Details will be in the calendar.
Check the Calendar for other coming events
- Adelaide Recreational Aviation Group Meets first Tuesday of the month held at the Hampstead hotel, with a table having been booked in the name of The Aviators. Casual gathering beforehand may not be available, so anticipate going directly to the table for pre-dinner drinks 6.30 ish. Expect that self-servicing may not be available for anything, ( which has certainly seen the end of smorgasbord!). Suggest dinner following, 7pm onwards as convenient. Cheers, Alan ODonnell 0419 286 905
- Aeroscene Our monthly dinner is now every 2nd Tuesday 6:30pm at Roulettes Tavern, Kings Road, Parafield. The plan is to meet for an informal get together for a dinner and general hangar chat.Email Gary Williams Chief Executive Officer P: (08) 83 600 200 F: (08) 8367 9777 M: 0413 744 200 http://www.assuredhomeloans.com.au.
- Clare Valley Flying Club Fly-in & BBQ second Sunday of the month. All Welcome. Contact Dave Wilson via our website (Info courtesy of ABC 891 Ashley Walsh) or Tony Smith 0407 718 045 Click here to Send Email
- Come to Carrieton. Good Strip Mown Grass 2 North of Town on east side of sealed Hawker Road. 34/16 1200 x 90m. Elev 1500ft. No Fuel. Closed when wet (X). Accommodation (08) 8658 9090. Cords. 32.24.33S 138.31.17E Contact Ian 0435 511 790 Free trans to town usually avail. Flinders Ranges Annual Fly-in Held Oct.
- Loxton Flying Club BBQ. Club’s second Sunday of the month BBQ’s. Time – arrive any time after 1100 hrs for a coffee. BBQ on at 1200, eat around 1230 hrs. Cost – $10 (drinks extra) Contacts – Ideally we would like to know numbers for catering, however, we welcome last minute ‘drop ins’! Phone or email Dave Pocock (Pres.) 0428473455. or Rohan Scarfe (Secretary) 0412711871
- Maitland Aero Club BBQ first Sunday of every month. All Welcome. Facebook, Email
- Murray Bridge Airfield: 1st Saturday of the Month. Monthly BBQ.
- Murray Bridge Light Aircraft, Hangar 2, hold a BBQ lunch (Informal) at 12 noon. (Weather permitting). Contribution $5 ea. inc can of soft drink, tea or coffee. All are welcome to come and join in.
- Naracoorte Aero Club has a BBQ each Saturday. All Welcome.
- Pt Augusta: Flying Club at Stirling North. BBQ Lunch every Saturday. Club has 3 Savanahs, 2 Jabirus, Chinook, Thruster, Lightwing, VP1, FP303 and C180 Everyone Welcome Anytime.
- Renmark Airfield RIVERLAND SPORT AVIATION Third Sunday of the month – BBQ Breakfast 8.00am for 8.30am start at the Clubrooms. $5.00 will get you sausages, bacon, eggs, coffee etc.ON AIRPORT AIRCONDITIONED ACCOMMODATION for up to 4 people. (includes modern kitchen and courtesy car). Fly in and stay with us while you explore the Riverland in our Club car. Click to go to our Website Contacts: Peter on 0428 828 235 and Scott on 0417 890 215
SA Club and Flying School Contacts
- Adelaide Airsports – Website
- Adelaide Biplanes Aldinga Website – 0410 890 595, 8556 5404
- Adelaide Recreational Aviation Group – Allan 0419 286 905
- Adelaide Soaring Club – Website Peter – 8522 1877, Karl – 8248 1147, 0414 701 019
- AeroScene Flying Group. http://www.aeroscene.com.au/FlyingGroup/ Gary Williams Chief Executive Officer P: (08) 83 600 200 F: (08) 8367 9777 M: 0413 744 200 .Email Gary Williams
- Aldinga Aero Club – Website Contact Evan 8326 0609 or 0408 804 289. Website
- Antique Aeroplane Assoc. Australia – Website
- Barossa Birdmen – Jeff 0418 809 840 Email Roy
- Blue Shed Aviation Flying Club/School Jamestown, Contact Guy 0408 859697
- Broken Hill Rec Aircraft Club Stevens Creek – James on 0418858189
- Brooklands Air Park Wellington – Facebook, Meets 2nd Sundays Bi-monthly. Contact – Helmut Frensch 0428 525404
- Clare Valley Flying Group – Website, Tony Smith Treasurer 0407 718 045 Email Tony Smith
- Fleurieu Gyroplanes & UBCO Bikes – Davd Owen 0488 884 976 – Website
- Goolwa Aero Club – Contact Doug 85 553526
- Goolwa Recreational Flying School – Facebook, C.F.I. / P.E. Ed Herring 0408 787 018
- Gawler Microlights – Website, 0428 527 200
- Kingston Flying Club – Website, John – 8767 2907
- Loxton Aero Club – Website
- Maitland Aero Club Inc. Facebook, PO Box 241, Maitland SA 5573 Contact: President Peter Reppin 0428 890 055, Richard Hasting 0418 859 049, Email
- Mildura Sport Aviation Club. The Club operates out of the MSA Hangar at Mildura Airport (Just off Alpha) and is available to assist aviators stopping over or passing through the Mildura CTAF, especially at weekends. Contact Pete Greed (President) 0418528861 or Garry Keller (Secretary) 0408255567. MSA works closely with Sunraysia Sport Aircraft Club (SSAC) based at Wentworth, the Mildura Aero Club (MAC) based at Mildura Airport and the Sunraysia Gliding Club.
- Mount Gambier Recreational Flying Club and School – Kevin – 0417 877 529
- Murray Bridge Light Aircraft School – Mike 8531 0988, 0412 744 611
- Port Pirie: Pilot Examiner David Eyre – 0427553355 Email David
- Port Pirie Spencer Gulf Flight Training – CFI Earl Longstaff – 0419620070
- Port Lincoln Flying Club – Kevin – Mobile 0428 842 092 Home 8684 2093.
- Port Lincoln SAAA Chapter 25 Kym Roach – President, Mobile 0427 427 736 Karen Tagg, Sec.
- Pro Sky Pt Augusta Contact John Marsh 0429 673 641 Website
- Recreational Aviation Australia SA Rep. Email Barry Windle
- Recreational Flying Club of SA Murray Bridge – www.rpa.net.au Neil – 0437 163 202 or MB 8532 1456
- Renmark Gliding Club All aircraft types welcome. Website, 0417 890 215
- Renmark Flying Club Website David 0417 890 215. Email.
- SA Rotor Club – Shaun – 0409 675 875
- Southern District Flying Club Larry – 0408 815 094 or Barry 0408842308 83884206
- Spencer Gulf Aviation 0407 619 703
- Sport Aircraft Club of SA – Chris 0411196232 Hm:0883447896 Email Chris Moore, Website, Calendar
- Sport Aircraft Association of Australia Chapter 39 (Adelaide) Patrick Pulis Secretary (08) 8236 6808 Mob: 0418 850 156 We stage regular workshop visits throughout the year and encourage building of experimental aircraft in a safe and technically supervised manner.
- Waikerie Gliding Club Website
- West Coast Flying School – 0438 401 363, 8389 9503
You are responsible for confirming your own dates, navigation and weather details before departing on any flight as errors/alterations may occur.