It seems as if we have weathered the worst of COVID-19 and can look forward to our lives getting back to some sort of “normal”. It remains to be seen what our new normal will look like.
Just this week pubs and restaurants are reopening with conditions applied, and as a result I am able to announce that our regular Club meeting on June 10th will go ahead at the Feathers Hotel.
There will be some differences though, so please note the following:
- We will dine at the Greenwall restaurant as per usual, and remain there for our meeting after the meal, however, we are limited to 20 PERSONS ONLY.
- The meal choices on offer will be from the a la Carte menu to be ordered on the night. Main courses range from $20 to $34.
- The hotel is doing double sittings and we are booked for the second sitting starting at 7:30pm. You will not have access to the restaurant earlier than that as it will be getting cleaned from the earlier sitting. The meal time is limited to 2 hours so we are expected to wind up by 9:30 pm.
- Drinks with your meal are available but must be taken sitting down. No standing in the Lounge bar is allowed.
- The meeting will be limited to MEMBERS ONLY for the June meeting and I am hopeful that number restrictions will be further relaxed in time for the July meeting.
- The meeting format will be low key with no guest speaker. It will be a chance to mingle with people you have not seen for 3 months and talk aviation. I will invite anyone from the floor to report their interesting activities during the lockdown. It might be a building project, work done on your existing aircraft or a new aircraft type flown.
- To book for this meeting you will need to log on to the club calendar and register. The first 20 bookings will be successful. If you are too late you will be advised accordingly and you will not be able to attend.
- It goes without saying that if you are unwell on the night then please do not come but advise a committee member so we may be able to admit someone else.
I do hope this temporary measure does not stay for long and we are able to return to what we are used to very soon.
Back in May the committee met and planned a BBQ at the Windsock Lounge at Murray Bridge Airport on Saturday June 20that 11am. This was to be our first event post COVID and will go ahead as well as the Club meeting. Again it is a low key event to allow members to mingle and chat (socially distancing of course!). You can fly in (weather permitting), or drive.
Food will be simple egg & bacon sandwiches, tea, coffee with cake and biscuits. Because you have not been getting much for your membership of late, this event will be free for members. I just ask that you advise of your attendance so we can get the catering right.
Member Chris Malone has put together an itinerary for an outback safari flight to be flown as soon as Northern Territory border restrictions ease and AVGAS and accommodation are assured. Details are shown below. I expect that will happen in the next 2 months. Chris is looking for expressions of interest before it is confirmed. The itinerary may also be subject to amendment. If you are interested please Email Chris malone or Tel 0429 178 464.
I look forward to catching up sometime during June.
When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the aeroplane takes off against the wind, not with it -Henry Ford
Safari July 2020 To Jabiru/ Kakadu
Subject to border opening, accommodation, and fuel availability
|Jabiru||Y||2 or 3|
|Alice Springs||Aircraft Storage, Eddie Connellan Airport Display , Central Australian Aviation Museum|
|Jabiru Kakadu National Park||Kings Creek Trip To Kings Canyon. Walk The Rim If Fit|
|Ayers Rock Fly||The Uluru / Tata Tula Circuit After Refuelling And Then Depart The Area For Coober Pedy|