As you are all aware now, the SA Government took the unprecedented step of locking down the entire state until at least midnight next Tuesday. They have also made provision for a further 8 days of lesser restrictions following that.
Regarding our planned Club Christmas Dinner next Wednesday, whilst technically possible, I don’t believe it will go ahead in the current climate, either next week or in the lead up to Christmas. I must therefore, take the difficult decision of cancelling this event.
I am hopeful that easing of restrictions in the weeks ahead may make it possible to continue with the planned Club BBQ and RFDS fund raiser at Murray Bridge on Sunday 13th December.
If you could email me advising of your intention to attend the BBQ it would certainly help with the planning.
For those members who have already paid for the Christmas Dinner you will be in credit with the Club. You may contact Treasurer, Greg Tabe, with your bank account details to ask for a full refund.
Alternatively, can I suggest that you use some of that credit towards renewing next year’s membership fee of $80 which is due soon anyway. You will then be reimbursed the balance of what you paid.
Either way, please email Greg and advise him of your preference.
Whilst I am truly disappointed that our Dinner will not proceed this year, there is always the possibility of celebrating next year by way of a Christmas in July club event.
Keep an eye on your inbox for further news about club events and in the meantime stay safe.